About the Soap-Maker
The Man’s Best Friend Natural Soap is handmade by Elsa Robyn of the House of de Carteret, a small family business producing a wide range of soaps for humans and animals under various brand labels located in New South Wales, Australia. The “Man’s Best Friend Natural Soap” is one of the labels owned by the House of de Carteret.
Elsa carries the knowledge that was passed down to her dating back to the 18th Century in France as she hails from a family line of traditional French soap-makers.
Elsa uses only 100% natural ingredients, which are chemically-free from artificial brighteners, hardeners, lathering agents, phosphates and animal fats.
A chronic psoriasis sufferer, Elsa believes in using only the best quality ingredients Nature has to offer to nourish and heal any problematic, sore or sensitive skin. House of de Carteret prides itself as an all-natural, traditional soap-maker with the holistic philosophy that the use of essential oils will heal most skin allergies naturally.
About the Man’s Best Friend Natural Soap
The Man’s Best Friend Natural Soap is made with a serious animal skin allergy sufferer in mind and you will not find ingredients such as carrier or palm oil which is typically found in cheaper soap production.
The Man’s Best Friend Natural soap is handmade by the traditional method using a secret recipe formula handed down by an old country vet in the 1900s to the de Carteret family in the era before chemicals were available. Her secret recipe formula used to make the Man’s Best Friend Natural Soap consists only of a precise combination of nine natural oils and essential oils.
Some Benefits of the Essential Oils we used:
- Heal and nourish skin problems such as abscesses, acne, dry skin, oily skin, burns, sunburns, wounds, psoriasis, eczema, sores, fungal infections etc.;
- Act as a repellent from pests such as insects, lice, fleas, ticks and botflies;
- Act as a natural deodoriser;
- Therapeutic properties- antiseptic, analgesic, anti-rheumatic, anti-inflamatory, anti-viral, anti-bacterial, calming;
- Warming properties to alleviate rheumatism, arthritis, gout, muscle aches, pains and to stimulate blood circulation.
Some Benefits of the Natural Oils we used:
- Heal wounds effectively;
- Contains Medium-chain Fatty Acids (MCFA) which destroys harmful micro-organisms like bacteria, viruses and fungi and molecules that range from causing skin irritations to HIV virus;
- Treats sun burns, ringworms and skin ulcers effectually;
- Act as an excellent moisuriser and conditioner for skin and fur.
- Minimal carbon footprint from a handmade soap-making process;
- Simple packaging using only bio-degradable paper wrapper;
- 100% Natural ingredients and no toxic chemical waste in the soap-making and consuming process that go through our sewage system, which can inevitably affect our marine life;
- No chemical lathering agents like SLS which can leave hard to clean soap scums and clog up the bath.
When customers buy a bar of soap made by the House of de Carteret, they can be assured that they are getting a 100% natural product made the traditional way with the best quality. It also attempts to create a socially responsible environment in its business practices by minimising its carbon footprint through its natural ingredient sourcing, handmade, handcraft and hand-cut production plus minimal packaging processes using bio-degradable material.